Senior Character Artist - Electric Square, Malta
At Electric Square, we understand that the worlds we build are pivotal to the success of our games and the enjoyment of our players. With our diverse portfolio, which includes acclaimed titles like 'Diablo 4', 'The Lords of the Fallen' 'Need For Speed Unbound', 'Battlefield 2042', and several other exciting AAA console games currently in progress (and even more surprises on the horizon!), we strive to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences.
Working in collaboration with four innovative studios, our team of 250+ talented individuals, accompanied by our beloved studio dogs, are dedicated to creating world-class projects. We foster a unique studio culture that empowers and inspires our teams, ensuring that everyone feels motivated to bring their best ideas to life.
We can offer you an award-winning working environment. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Electric Square's newest studio is based on the picturesque island of Malta, where innovation and breathtaking views merge to create a truly electrifying experience! Perched high above St Georges Bay, our purpose-built brand-new studio serves as a vibrant hub for the brightest minds in the industry.
Join our passionate team of game developers & visionaries as we embark on an exhilarating journey to shape the future of gaming. Whether you're a seasoned professional or an emerging talent, we welcome diversity and encourage fresh perspectives to shape our games and revolutionize the industry.
A Character Artist at Electric square:
- Produce industry-leading character and creature art for AAA character action console/mobile titles.
- Own the character asset creation pipeline in its entirety through to shippable in engine content.
- Partner closely with the technical and animation teams to deliver an efficient, stable, state of the art character pipeline and consistently strive for excellence that demonstrates work at the cutting edge.
- Exceptional understanding of human and animal anatomy.
- Ability to produce off line rendered look development pieces and marketing art.
- Document & communicate clear technical guidelines for character creation and real-time implementation to the team.
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative game production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to your area of work
- Production experience as a character artist in the games industry working on cutting edge AAA console titles.
- An exceptional character art portfolio demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
- Advanced skills in games development software such as Maya & games engines.
- Understanding of shaders and the rendering pipeline as it relates to character art.
- Experience with blend shape creation and workflows desirable.
- Experience working with dynamic real-time cloth solutions is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of texture creation packages such as substance designer and substance Painter.
- A creative thinker and problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction, and to collaborate productively with others.
- An exceptional eye and drive for quality and detail.
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over studio lunch. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Holidays - 28 days annual leave which includes the 3/4 day studio closure over the Christmas period plus all Malta bank holidays.
- Generous Annual Performance Bonus
- Private Health Insurance - provided by Sana
- Private Dental Insurance - provided by Sana
- Health and Well-being Allowance – €450 per year to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga, arts and crafts or a lovely massage. It's on us!
- Free Awesome Swag – Sleek Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the iconic Electra symbol emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season!
- Financial Wellbeing Platform – Access to a fantastic financial wellbeing platform which is free to all Electric Square Employees.
- WithU Fitness App - A remarkable fitness app that revolves around audio guidance, which is absolutely free for all Electric Square employees
- Exclusive anniversary presents – After your third & fifth year as an Electron.
- Purpose built Studio overlooking St Julians Bay – Our Malta studio is quite literally a stone’s throw away from the famous St Julians Bay! The brand-new building we are situated in is completely purpose built for our needs and comfort.
Role Information: EN
Studio: Electric Square
Location: Europe, Malta
Service: Game Development
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time, Remote